Purpose of Elite Dance
Elite Dance is a well-established, busy and growing dance school on the Central Coast, with studios operating at West Gosford and Niagara Park. At Elite Dance we share and celebrate a mutual love for dance. We aim to open the doorway to dance for our students and actively work to ensure each of them feels special, gains confidence and strives for excellence in their dance home. We have the honour of teaching students of all ages in our three signature programs: Little Jewels Preschool Dance, Gemstones Dance, and Adult Dance.
Purpose of Role
We are seeking a fantastic and motivated assistant who is passionate about their work, reliable, a committed team player and eager to serve. In this role, you will support the director by ensuring the day-to-day running of the studio is on track, providing exceptional customer service to our current and potential clients, nurturing our new leads into our studio, and communicating with our teaching team.
Your role will cover five main areas in studio operations including:
1. Lead Nurturing
3. Client Love
4. Team Love
Your responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with the Director and Teaching team as required to ensure the studio moves as a whole towards its goals and targets. This includes weekly meetings with the Director, ensuring the teaching team are informed, and following up team requirements
• Efficiently and professionally managing the studio email, phone and other digital communications including responding to current and potential clients, suppliers and teaching staff. Being the gatekeeper for the Director.
• Managing our CRM (currently DanceStudio Pro) to maintain customer records, process fee payments and organise classes. Acting quickly to contact parents should any changes need to be made that affect their children. Providing teaching team with rolls each term
• Assisting the director with current and new projects including productions, and internal and external events, and handling small details of new concepts being introduced to the studio.
• Implementing new systems and strategies into our operations. Ensuring procedures are refined and documented and maintaining tracking data to ensure accurate analysis can take place.
• Managing our enquiry to enrolment process and ensuring new clients are brought into our dance family with love, respect and care. Nurturing new leads into the studio.
• Social media management, including creating and scheduling content, answering customers and monitoring comments as required
• Management of petty cash for the studio and ensuring supplies are well stocked
• Assisting in the ordering of uniforms and costumes as necessary with our Assistant Manager
• Assisting with risk assessment when required
How you will fit into our team
The Studio Assistant will use their organisational skills to handle the ‘behind the scenes’ day-to-day running of our busy dance studio. Experience in dance is not required, more important is your ability to integrate into our team, efficiently manage your time, and own your role. You will be comfortable engaging with our current and potential clients, via the phone, email and in person as required. Clear communication skills are required in ensuring the voice of the studio is delivered consistently through all mediums.
You will be able to show initiative and be capable of making decisions within your role that move the studio forward to its goals. You will be able to use your knowledge to problem solve and respond to situations as they arise. You will keep our mission and values at the heart of everything you do as you integrate into our team and you will own the responsibilities of your role.
This role can have some flexibility in hours once you have settled in and hours can be made up of a combination of working from home and at the studio. Weekly meetings (online or in person) with the Director are required along with team trainings and meetings once per term. In this role, you will require a computer or laptop, with access to stable internet. During busy performance times, and enrolment times you will be required in person in order to assist the Director and teaching team. You will be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and email, and able to manage the Director’s calendar. You will be willing and able to quickly pick up our other digital platforms such as DanceStudio Pro, Trello, and Canva.
This role is offered as an ongoing casual position starting approximately 7-10 hours per week during the school terms, with the potential to increase for the right candidate. To thrive in this position, you will need enthusiasm, attention to detail and a desire to help our studio move towards its goals.
Start date: As soon as possible for training and transition with our current Studio Assistant. Preferably January 2021.
If you think you’d be perfect for this position, please complete the application form by clicking below: