The story of Elite Dance began in 1994, when we started from scratch as Lamott School of Dance. Our love of dance education has seen us grow into a thriving and respected dance school in our community. In 2006, Lorraine Blackburn, one of the founding teachers of the studio took the reins exclusively and we were renamed to Elite Dance, reflective of the type of instruction we offer.
Elite Dance is now owned and operated Alisa Blackburn, who stepped up to the role of principal at the end of 2010, after teaching at the studio for 5 years. Alisa has been involved with the studio since its very beginning and was one of the first students to take part in classes. Alisa is a qualified dance teacher with the Royal Academy of Dance and loves watching her students reach their goals in life and in dance!
Since our early beginnings, we’ve been through a fabulous dance journey and grown in order to accommodate our expanding dance family. We now boast two convenient locations on the Central Coast – Niagara Park Stadium and our very own purpose built studio in West Gosford. We offer a wide variety of classes for our students to take part in and give all students the opportunity to perform in concerts and eisteddfods. In 2014 our energetic performance team were given the opportunity to travel to U.S.A to perform in Disneyland and Universal Studios. Students and parents had an amazing time, and we’re excited to be planning our next international dance tour.
At Elite Dance, we endeavour to give our students the encouragement and support needed to reach their dance goals. No student is left out during performances and all our young dancers are given the opportunity to show their progress to family and friends. Dance is a wonderful pastime to be enjoyed by all ages. It teaches a range of disciplines that can be used throughout a student’s lifetime. Our dedicated and qualified teachers and caring attitude allows our students to flourish and develop into confident and disciplined dancers.
Students are given the very best in dance education, we employ a policy of limited class sizes to ensure our students receive valuable and enriching classes and receive maximum benefit from our teachers’ expertise. We aim to keep our lessons as convenient as possible for parents and our dance timetables are scheduled to run alongside the public school terms. No classes finish later than 8:30pm and all classes are taught by responsible adults. We know how important your children are and Elite Dance prides itself on always using age appropriate music, costumes and choreography.
At Elite Dance we pride ourselves on our FIVE CORE VALUES, these values are at the heart of everything we do in our studio and we love to share them with you!
- LOVE DANCE: We share a mutual love of dance. This shines through in classes as all our instructors teach with love and passion in the hope of igniting a lifelong love of dance in our Elite Dancers
- FEEL SPECIAL: It is important to us that each of our students feels like a valued member of our dance family. As part of our studio, you become part of something wonderful, unique and special.
- GAIN CONFIDENCE: Our students are always encouraged to ask questions, and help each other. Performance opportunities are offered to every Elite Dancer and we use our time on your dance journey to give you the skills to achieve your dance goals.
- STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE: Elite Dance students are always encouraged to set goals and strive to be the best they can be. We believe hard work and attitude are important in every aspect of life and aim to foster these skills in our dancers.
- DANCE HOME: We love to welcome our students to their home away from home. Our studio is inviting, safe and comfortable. We provide joyful, energetic and engaging classes and offer acceptance in the best dance family around! Welcome to your new dance home!